Sunday, October 28, 2007

Portal!

I just beat it. For a puzzle game, it has the best damned sense of pacing I've ever seen. I even found myself reveling in the jumping puzzles. Me! Enjoying a jumping puzzle! It's freaking unheard of. But I did, and then I was taunted by an hilariously insane AI as I blew her apart with her own rockets and finally got to the end credits, which has a song by Jonathan Coulton. That's the same Jonathan Coulton we discovered last year. I love when there are little connections like that.

It's so satisfying to actually complete a game - I haven't beaten a game entirely in way too long. It comes with the territory of playing an MMO and more open-ended games, but damn does it feel good to complete something.

Now, to complete the achievements....

6 comments:

wlfsamurai said...

I have to try this one out. It sounds so much fun.

NWS said...

I started playing Final Fantasy Tactics for PSP because it is an amazing game, and I need to beat something. Fighting the WoW burnout.

Unknown said...

ppppppppppppppppppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeettttttttttttttttttttttttttttttteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ttttttthhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Aaaaaaammmmmiiiiiiisssssshhhhh

JavaBomberman said...

todd's right.

Unknown said...

pete, F(@*#($*#$ing post something!

Unknown said...

I decided that for every day Pete does not post something, I'm going to stab him.

Well, maybe I'll poke him with a sharp object.

Ok, perhaps I will just give him a good dutch rub.

Anyway, you better post, or else!!!