Wednesday, February 13, 2008

That old-fashioned smell


So, Sins of a Solar Empire came out about a week ago and I've been merrily sinking time into it ever since - I'll give a more full review after I've played a few more games and gotten a feel for all the races, but suffice to say that it is great. Think Homeworld meets Master of Orion 2.

But the collector's edition box got here today and boy does the manual smell good. I mean, it's informative and all, but mostly it just smells like Magic cards did back in the day. I freakin' love that smell.

Also this is my 100th post on el Bloggo the Blog, so that's kinda neat.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

*Applauds*

Happy 100th Post!

P.S. I could have sex with that smell...

cobaltgrc said...

That game looks neet, but I want to try the demo first... that is, if they have a demo.

Peter said...

Yeah, they said they were going to try to have a demo out within the next month. Their rationale was a focus on the end product before launch, which to their credit resulted in, as far as I can tell, a bug-free game.

cobaltgrc said...

It looks like this game was published by Stardock. That's awesome. Stardock made another fav of mine, GalCiv 2.

Peter said...

Yeah, Sins has been described as a cross between Gal Civ II and Homeworld, which seems like high praise to me.