Thursday, September 28, 2006

ZOMG KITTENS MEW MEW!

Yes, sadly, we were defeated by a team of professors from the other college in town in the Super Mega Aggro-Crag Spelling Bee Challenge 2K6. Ok, actually it was just a benefit for the local public library to fix up their bookmobile, but it sounds cooler when there are references to old Nickelodeon shows in the title. We made it to the final round (well, there were only two, but whatever) and got out on some weird-ass word starting with "geu-" than I don't even remember now because none of us had ever seen/heard of the word before. Damn and blast! Oh well, we did pretty well, and learned that "froufrou" is not only a good band, but also elaborate decoration, as frills, ribbons, or ruffles, esp. on women's clothing. Knowledge!

Also, to soothe our feelings after the game, we went over to my friend's house and played with tiny tiny kittens, 6-8 weeks old. Holy shit. So tinsy and fuzzy. And psychotic, one kept thinking she was in the Matrix and running up walls/sofa backs and jumping off them. Good times!

13 comments:

cobaltgrc said...

lol tinsy kittens. Peter B you just made me laugh out loud. You fucking bastard!

April said...

NO! WAR ON THE INITIAL!!!!!


I will no longer use the letter "b". AND IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT, LYCANTHROPE!

cobaltgrc said...

April, could you b any more sweeter?

Peter said...

Oh, b-have.

April said...

any more sweeter?

Your grammar offends me, sir. As someone with multiple writing journals, you should know syntax.

Petrus, no punnery, please.

cobaltgrc said...

I have multiple writing journals? since when?

Oh yeah, and.. fuck grhammers! And spellting 2! Langauge rules are for the dogs. Language rules!

cobaltgrc said...

I wish I hade some nitwit juice.

Peter said...

I think April's immune to nitwit juice. I mean, look at her. Poetry, man. FKN poetry,

Unknown said...

I'll have you know that cobaltgrc eats syntax for breakfast.

Plus, if you could see what he does with morphology, he would kick your affix all the way to the next phoneme.

Harsh, but necessary.

cobaltgrc said...

yup, I'm totally way not morphonic.

P.B. you might like the irony in this story. A real news story (not an onion story)

April said...

he may eat syntax in the mornings, yet I feel he might not digest it and assimilate it into his system.

as for what he does with morphology, I'm all for the morphemes but phonemes are so much smaller and fun to toy with.

As for my affix, I assure you it's splendid. I think Peter would agree.

Also, irony is delicious.

Peter said...

I AM i agreement, irony is delicious. It has a lot of variation and is tasty in spite of being silly highly varied in my presence.

I'm going to go ahead and defend Andy's spelling on principle, mainly cuz I've seen so much of it. I'm not going to argue with the phoneme/morpeheme issue becaue I'm so not educated on the issue, but for my only comment, I will assure you that April's affix is fucking indominable. It's amazing. That. Is. All.

Unknown said...

AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*dies*