Monday, April 03, 2006

Odds and ends

Letting people know that I updated the Garou, Prelude below to reflect my latest edit; mostly my shift away from the "telepathy" I used for wolfen communication earlier on to a more authentic "body language" style, based on growls/barks/etc. in concert with posturing and body language to get concepts across. Obviously this will limit somewhat the complexity of communication in wolf forms, which I think adds to the flavor of the world and highlights the differences between the breeds, plus I want to reserve the "Mindspeech" for more special Garou. Oh, and I changed the last part a bit to hopefully make it more "ooh! cool!" than before.

More of the story itself, rather than frivolous editing, will hopefully follow shortly. Also, I think Carl's almost done with the artwork for the second page of the comic, so I'll try to get that up sometime soon.

In media news, Kung Fu Hustle is hysterical AND incredible. I can see why it's listed as a reference in the new Exalted book. Also, I've just started watching Lost, and while it's no BSG, it's still some pretty good TV. Too bad I hear they ultimately just tease you with most of the mysterious plotlines, but it's quite fun nonetheless. And if Frodo can become a Bible-thumping prostitute-eater, then there's nothing wrong with Pippin becoming a heroin-addict rock god. Nothing at all.

Finally, Hans expressed interest in the girlfriend mentioned in the last post. Yes, she does exist. She is not in Africa, and she's not pregnant, thank Jeebus (though apparently she'd considered telling me she was on April 1st...but then decided that it would be in poor taste, HANS, even though that was dang hilarious). Karen is quite the excellent girl, very fun, possessed of an excellent sense of humor, v. pretty, and fond of Battlestar to boot. Really, what more could a guy want?

5 comments:

cobaltgrc said...

a girl who plays Civilization 4 and GalCiv 2? >:)

Peter said...

Hehe, well, not yet, but she does love Donkey Kong, and swank board games. It's close enough for me. ;)

JavaBomberman said...

boobies. a guy could want boobies.

Peter said...

Silly Hans, tits are for kids.

And by kids, I mean me.

And reflecting further on what I just said, remember the Jones Soda, Hans. Remember.

cobaltgrc said...

aahh.. tits. I think I'll go have some.