Tuesday, May 30, 2006

A Prolegomena to All Future Zombology

So, three guys at my school just gave an hour-long, mock academic presentation on zombies; it had a full, well-developed Powerpoint and dealt with issues concerning defense against and shelter from zombies, and a section regarding the ways in which religion informs us on the question of "Why?" regarding zombies and the tools which religions, both mainstream and alternative, give us in the event of a necropalypse.

It was probably the funniest thing of the last decade, and while I'm not sure, it may transcend the zombie-unit system of measuring awesomeness. But more importantly, it was very informative. I'll post the Powerpoint if I'm able, otherwise I'll just post the highlights but I assure you, it has made an otherwise crappy day (sleeping through alarm, presently being swamped with homework and zombies) a stupendous one.

Also, for all of you at home in DG, I'll be back the evening of June 6th. Exalted shenanigans should ensue, in spite of the fact that I've had no time to prepare for that since about a month ago. It'll be good to be back!

6 comments:

JavaBomberman said...

oh god! pete's invading! to the hills!!

Unknown said...

Hide the children!

Hide the drugs!

Hide the children on drugs!

But seriously. Peter, if you want to find out more about real-life zombies, I recommend a book called The Serpent and The Rainbow.

I just read it a couple weeks ago. Its about a Harvard botanist´s adventure to Haiti, and the religous Zombie ceremonies that go on there. Its real, and its very interesting.

Check it out, its a quick read.

cobaltgrc said...

Huh. that's strange.. I thought I posted a comment to this entry. weird. Anyway. I love zombies, I wish I could have been there. Presentations are cool as hell, and as hot as heaven.

wlfsamurai said...

Ahh Zombies. The best game that I ever ran too. *Sigh* Maybe I will make an RP blog like Andy's but in a Zombie setting. Hmm...

Peter said...

Ooh, a zombie blog game would be fun. I do miss the zombie game, such a sweet time! Anywho. Hide your drugged up children and Todd, thanks for the book recommendation, it sounds interesting! I'll look into that.

Also, I got the powerpoint so hopefully I'll have some highlights up soon.

Peter said...

If I don't get eaten by finals first.