Wednesday, October 18, 2006

The New Motion Capture Technology

Wow. My roommate just showed me this, and holy cow. The possibilities are extremely, extremely numerous. And shiny. Imagine when RPGs start using this level of technology, or if they'd had it when the were making Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within. Or that one from the Animatrix. Anyway, the video pretty much speaks for itself. Discuss!

EDIT: Andy has just informed me that the link doesn't go straight to the video itself, just the video PAGE for the NY Times. Stupid html. Anyway, it's not actually a link to some random story about firefighters dying, just look through the stories at the bottom of the page for one entitled "The Future of Digital Filmmaking", that's what I'm talking about. I'm trying to find a YouTube link but am unsuccessful at this point. Sorry!

12 comments:

cobaltgrc said...

What the fuck are you talking about? The video that came up for me was about when 12 Firemen Died on Oct. 17, 1966 in New York.

"Forty years ago 12 New York firefighters died in the Fire Department's heaviest loss of life prior to Sept. 11, 2001."

By level of technology do you mean dangerous life-taking fire?? WTF?

Unknown said...

Andy's living in the past.

My name is Hiro Nakamura, I'm from the future.

Peter said...

Man, I need to start watching that show.

cobaltgrc said...

Alright peter, that was fucking sweet.

JavaBomberman said...

see? Todd owns with being from the future. and being azn.

cobaltgrc said...

Todd's brother looks azn. Every time I watch heroes Hiro's friend reminds me of Todd's brother.

JavaBomberman said...

wtf... wasn't there a post after this one? am I losing my mind?

JavaBomberman said...

OH YEAH! Stella's blog!!

Pete you nub, you can't delete posts. that's like burning books about hitler or something.

Peter said...

Ok, I actually did feel bad about deleting it, but it was so pointless. It's the only kind I'd delete. And now it's gone. But I spent this summer fighting communism! Defending freedom!!

Also, Hitler wore pants. Are YOU wearing pants, Hans? Are you like Hitler?

JavaBomberman said...

STRINGS OF LOGIC NOOOOoOoooOoooooo....

Peter said...

Syllogism'd!

Poke said...

/vader